Internet Explorer/Sun Java

I have Win XP Home Edition with SP1, IE 6. OE6. I have installed Sun Java
Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_04). I also have
Microsoft VM onboard.
I cannot open any site which requires Java to read it, and cannot figure out
how to fix the problem. Hopefully someone will help me resolve the
frustrating problem. Please don't get too technical as I'm a beginner in
this field
AnneJ
2 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer java

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:38:17 +0000 (UTC), "AnneJ"
    <eajoswestry@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I cannot open any site which requires Java to read it, and cannot figure out
    >how to fix the problem. Hopefully someone will help me resolve the
    >frustrating problem. Please don't get too technical as I'm a beginner in
    >this field
    HI,
    Have you enabled Java Sun in the Internet options > advanced tab within
    IE6 ???

    Cyberdog
    Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I have enabled Java Sun but it still
    won't work. Is it because I also have Microsoft VM installed even though
    it's not enabled?

    "Cyberdog" <david.midcom@INVALID.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:38:17 +0000 (UTC), "AnneJ"
    > <eajoswestry@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I cannot open any site which requires Java to read it, and cannot figure
    out
    > >how to fix the problem. Hopefully someone will help me resolve the
    > >frustrating problem. Please don't get too technical as I'm a beginner in
    > >this field
    > HI,
    > Have you enabled Java Sun in the Internet options > advanced tab within
    > IE6 ???

Internet Explorer Java Microsoft Windows XP