Delete services

Any body knows how to delete a service no longer necessary ? Even though
the folders are deleted, XP continues to load the services at the startup (I
don't know where it takes its informations !)........... Can we delete them
definetively ????

Thanks

"jbpq" <jocelyn.boucher@stat-dev.com> wrote in message
> Any body knows how to delete a service no longer necessary ? Even though
> the folders are deleted, XP continues to load the services at the startup
(I
> don't know where it takes its informations !)........... Can we delete
them
> definetively ????
>
> Thanks

Type the name in Search. Look for any shortcuts to in and delete them. I
suspect one or more are in one of the Startup folders.

Malv

You would not normally delete any service!! You may set them to run Automatically, Manually, or Disable them. However you need to be extremely careful as you can harm your system.

What service / services are you thinking of deleting?

--

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA
gcjc@yesit.co.uk
Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"jbpq" <jocelyn.boucher@stat-dev.com> wrote in message news:eaBIby6KEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Any body knows how to delete a service no longer necessary ? Even though
> the folders are deleted, XP continues to load the services at the startup (I
> don't know where it takes its informations !)........... Can we delete them
> definetively ????
>
> Thanks

lainie62

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Services cannot be deleted, but they can be disabled. One rule when disabling is to check to see if any of the services depend on each other. If they do, do not disable them. I am working on disabling some myself and as soon as I can create my list of the ones that can be disabled, I will relay it to you.

It takes awhile, but what I would do is compare the list that is labeled standard and the one that is labeled extended. If you can do a print screen do that with each one to use for comparison, otherwise you will need to list them by handwritten copy.

Also, unless you are communicating with a technician online for assistance in solving a technical problems, I would go ahead and disable the Remote Desktop Service. This will prevent hackers from gaining access to your files.