Req. Help: Autochk.exe runs on every startup

Everytime I reboot my machine, autochk.exe runs all my drives looking
for errors....it never finds any....

I am trying to remove this startup problem (annoyance) but am unable
to find the right key in the registry to disable it or at least to
have it only run on bad shutdowns.

My file system is the "ntfs" but this has just started to happen recently.

Any help will be appreciated....

Tony

Open cmd,type:CHKDSK /d
/d disables autorun cmds

Thanks Andrew....worked for me....mucho appreciated the quick and
knowledable reply....
Tony

Andrew E wrote:
> Open cmd,type:CHKDSK /d
> /d disables autorun cmds

Tony

How are you shutting down your computer?

--

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry