Req. Help: Autochk.exe runs on every startup

Everytime I reboot my machine, autochk.exe runs all my drives looking
for errors....it never finds any....

I am trying to remove this startup problem (annoyance) but am unable
to find the right key in the registry to disable it or at least to
have it only run on bad shutdowns.

My file system is the "ntfs" but this has just started to happen recently.

Any help will be appreciated....

Tony
3 answers Last reply
More about help autochk runs startup

    Open cmd,type:CHKDSK /d
    /d disables autorun cmds

    Thanks Andrew....worked for me....mucho appreciated the quick and
    knowledable reply....
    Tony

    Andrew E wrote:
    > Open cmd,type:CHKDSK /d
    > /d disables autorun cmds

    Tony

    How are you shutting down your computer?

    --

    ~~~~~~

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA
    gcjc@yesit.co.uk
    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Tony Madsen" <avmadsen@telusplanet.nospam.net> wrote in message news:ORhJiI8KEHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Everytime I reboot my machine, autochk.exe runs all my drives looking
    > for errors....it never finds any....
    >
    > I am trying to remove this startup problem (annoyance) but am unable
    > to find the right key in the registry to disable it or at least to
    > have it only run on bad shutdowns.
    >
    > My file system is the "ntfs" but this has just started to happen recently.
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated....
    >
    > Tony

Microsoft Windows XP