Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

windows update

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
April 26, 2004 5:19:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

The following 2 updates have been installed, according to
my "installation history" a total of 7 times each.
Successfully, I might add. Every day for the past 6 days
I log on to my computer and it says these 2 updates are
ready for install (auto-update). I log on to the Windows
Update website and install it from there and it still
redownloads and installs it when I log back on. What
gives? Thanks.

More about : windows update

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 2:14:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi DJ,

Uninstall the updates in question (control panel/add & remove). Then go back
to the update site, but use the catalog option (if you don't see it on the
left, click personalize and add it). Find those two updates and download
(save, not run) them to your system, then install them separately.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Windows
Windows isn't rocket science! That's my other hobby!
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"DJ" <davidcarlson_cft@msn.com> wrote in message
news:47d601c42bcb$c67f6650$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> The following 2 updates have been installed, according to
> my "installation history" a total of 7 times each.
> Successfully, I might add. Every day for the past 6 days
> I log on to my computer and it says these 2 updates are
> ready for install (auto-update). I log on to the Windows
> Update website and install it from there and it still
> redownloads and installs it when I log back on. What
> gives? Thanks.
April 27, 2004 5:36:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Thanks. They aren't even in my add/remove programs. Now
what?
>-----Original Message-----
>Hi DJ,
>
>Uninstall the updates in question (control panel/add &
remove). Then go back
>to the update site, but use the catalog option (if you
don't see it on the
>left, click personalize and add it). Find those two
updates and download
>(save, not run) them to your system, then install them
separately.
>
>--
>Best of Luck,
>
>Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Windows
>Windows isn't rocket science! That's my other hobby!
>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
>www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org
>
>"DJ" <davidcarlson_cft@msn.com> wrote in message
>news:47d601c42bcb$c67f6650$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>> The following 2 updates have been installed, according
to
>> my "installation history" a total of 7 times each.
>> Successfully, I might add. Every day for the past 6
days
>> I log on to my computer and it says these 2 updates are
>> ready for install (auto-update). I log on to the
Windows
>> Update website and install it from there and it still
>> redownloads and installs it when I log back on. What
>> gives? Thanks.
>
>
>.
>
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 1:58:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi DJ,

As you didn't mention what two updates they are, it is sort of difficult to
tell you how to remove them. Keep in mind that some updates are not
removable.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Windows
Windows isn't rocket science! That's my other hobby!
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"DJ" <davidcarlson_cft@msn.com> wrote in message
news:527f01c42c97$573a5120$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> Thanks. They aren't even in my add/remove programs. Now
> what?
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Hi DJ,
>>
>>Uninstall the updates in question (control panel/add &
> remove). Then go back
>>to the update site, but use the catalog option (if you
> don't see it on the
>>left, click personalize and add it). Find those two
> updates and download
>>(save, not run) them to your system, then install them
> separately.
>>
>>--
>>Best of Luck,
>>
>>Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Windows
>>Windows isn't rocket science! That's my other hobby!
>>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
>>www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>>"DJ" <davidcarlson_cft@msn.com> wrote in message
>>news:47d601c42bcb$c67f6650$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>>> The following 2 updates have been installed, according
> to
>>> my "installation history" a total of 7 times each.
>>> Successfully, I might add. Every day for the past 6
> days
>>> I log on to my computer and it says these 2 updates are
>>> ready for install (auto-update). I log on to the
> Windows
>>> Update website and install it from there and it still
>>> redownloads and installs it when I log back on. What
>>> gives? Thanks.
>>
>>
>>.
>>
!