DJ

The following 2 updates have been installed, according to
my "installation history" a total of 7 times each.
Successfully, I might add. Every day for the past 6 days
I log on to my computer and it says these 2 updates are
ready for install (auto-update). I log on to the Windows
Update website and install it from there and it still
redownloads and installs it when I log back on. What
gives? Thanks.

Hi DJ,

Uninstall the updates in question (control panel/add & remove). Then go back
to the update site, but use the catalog option (if you don't see it on the
left, click personalize and add it). Find those two updates and download
(save, not run) them to your system, then install them separately.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"DJ" <davidcarlson_cft@msn.com> wrote in message
> The following 2 updates have been installed, according to
> my "installation history" a total of 7 times each.
> Successfully, I might add. Every day for the past 6 days
> I log on to my computer and it says these 2 updates are
> ready for install (auto-update). I log on to the Windows
> Update website and install it from there and it still
> redownloads and installs it when I log back on. What
> gives? Thanks.

DJ

Thanks. They aren't even in my add/remove programs. Now
what?

Hi DJ,

As you didn't mention what two updates they are, it is sort of difficult to
tell you how to remove them. Keep in mind that some updates are not
removable.