Memory for ancient Dell Latitude XPi CD P150ST

A friends mother's uses one of these for occasional email. It comes with a
massive 16MB of RAM running Windows 98. Actually, it runs fine but a bit
more memory would be useful. Anyone know what the generic description of the
memory is? Places like Kingston and Crucial list the memory but as not
available anymore.

Basically want to know what to type into eBay so I can keep an eye out for
some.

Cheers, Rob.

you need 72pin fast page mode (fpm) so-dimms. they can either be 8, or 16mb
each. you have 16mb built into the system and if you install 16mb modules
in each of the two memory sockets you can achieve a maximum of 48mb.
you can find this and other information about your dell on the following
page under 'specfications' as well as under 'tech notes - memory' for
greater detail.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ptcd/

"Rob Nicholson" <rob.nicholson@nospam_informed-direct.com> wrote in message
>A friends mother's uses one of these for occasional email. It comes with a
> massive 16MB of RAM running Windows 98. Actually, it runs fine but a bit
> more memory would be useful. Anyone know what the generic description of
> the
> memory is? Places like Kingston and Crucial list the memory but as not
> available anymore.
>
> Basically want to know what to type into eBay so I can keep an eye out for
> some.
>
> Cheers, Rob.

have 6 Simms, but no longer remember for sure what capacity they
are.

Send me your name and address and I will send them to you. If they
work, send $25 to the American Diabetes Association (www.diabetes.org)

I think there are 2 16mb and 2 32mb. and 2 64's (double sided). They
should be used in pairs.

I will send you the 4 of them ( not the double sided).

Same deal for anyone else who wants the 64mb pair.

Mike

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:28:05 GMT, "Christopher Muto"
<muto@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>you need 72pin fast page mode (fpm) so-dimms. they can either be 8, or 16mb
>each. you have 16mb built into the system and if you install 16mb modules
>in each of the two memory sockets you can achieve a maximum of 48mb.
>you can find this and other information about your dell on the following
>page under 'specfications' as well as under 'tech notes - memory' for
>greater detail.
>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ptcd/
>

>"Rob Nicholson" <rob.nicholson@nospam_informed-direct.com> wrote in message
>>A friends mother's uses one of these for occasional email. It comes with a
>> massive 16MB of RAM running Windows 98. Actually, it runs fine but a bit
>> more memory would be useful. Anyone know what the generic description of
>> the
>> memory is? Places like Kingston and Crucial list the memory but as not
>> available anymore.
>>
>> Basically want to know what to type into eBay so I can keep an eye out for
>> some.
>>
>> Cheers, Rob.

> you need 72pin fast page mode (fpm) so-dimms. they can either be 8, or
16mb
> each. you have 16mb built into the system and if you install 16mb modules
> in each of the two memory sockets you can achieve a maximum of 48mb.
> you can find this and other information about your dell on the following
> page under 'specfications' as well as under 'tech notes - memory' for
> greater detail.
> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ptcd/

Thanks, Rob.