re windowx xp

we purchased windows xp upgrade whilst in usa , but when we got home was told this would not work,
we have windows 98 on our new computer which we are building, his there somewhere that i can contact microsoft to exchange if we are unable to use and need full windows xp home edition.

"jean goodey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we purchased windows xp upgrade whilst in usa , but when we got home was
told this would not work,
> we have windows 98 on our new computer which we are building, his there
somewhere that i can contact microsoft to exchange if we are unable to use
and need full windows xp home edition.

Did you try to install it or did someone say to you that it would not work
so you never bothered to find out if they were talking a load of rubbish or
not?