XP home addition - Volume control via Master Volume icon n..

Hi

I run XP Home addition

When I try to reduce my volume via the Master volume icon(the speaker icon in my tray bottom left) it does not reduce volume when I run a CD Rom game etc.

The volume appears to be at max & is really loud...

I recently applied the XP service pack 1.
Prior to applying this service pack my Audio controller was noted as:AC'97 sound card on the Master Volume control
now after installing this servoce pack it is noted as: Inter(R) Integrated Audio??

could this be the reason why I cannot reduce my volume control??
please assist

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about home addition volume control master volume icon

    Gavin wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I run XP Home addition

    No you have XP Home *EDITION* - /do/ learn the difference.

    > When I try to reduce my volume via the Master volume icon(the speaker
    > icon in my tray bottom left) it does not reduce volume when I run a
    > CD Rom game etc.
    >
    > The volume appears to be at max & is really loud...

    > I recently applied the XP service pack 1.
    > Prior to applying this service pack my Audio controller was noted
    > as:AC'97 sound card on the Master Volume control
    > now after installing this servoce pack it is noted as: Inter(R)
    > Integrated Audio??

    That's because it's what it is - you don't have a sound card. Visit Intel's
    website and download the latest driver for your motherboard sound chipset
    and see if that helps?

    > could this be the reason why I cannot reduce my volume control??
    > please assist

    See above.

    > thanks

Windows XP