G

Right after I bought my epox 8k3a I read that it crashes alot because it has no fan on the northbridge. Sure enough whenever I get into a game it crashes. If its just a temperature problem I figure I could add a fan. Does anyone know where you can get a fan that size?

acron1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You Know it's funny. As soon as I took this board out of the box I noticed it had no fan on the Nbridge so I reached over and added the one from my A7M266(dead) to the 8K3A+ before I even booted for the first time. I am doing some light overcocking and this board is about as solid as I have used so far.
Any way any old video card/386CPU/Nbridge fan will do.
steve.

Beam me up Scotty.

G

I'll have to track down a exta fan but thanks for the idea. Also how did you mount it?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Ditto
ive got the 8K3A+ as well, and i was concerned also as i overclock.

what i did was get a standard 40mm fan from some previous chipset cooling pack and just screw it on.

thats right, screw.
see the fan came with 4 steel screws approx 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch long, and i found that their placement in the 4 corners of the 40mm fan matched the fins of the NB passive heatsink well.

the steel screws bite inbetween the aluminium fins, leading to quite a sturdy mounted fan.
problem solved. Plus, it looks quite professional, unlike some of my previous mod jobs :lol:

so basically all you need is a stock 40mm fan that comes with 4 steel screws and you should be right.

<font color=red>MABACITISS</font color=red>: Movement Against Boasting About CPU Idle Temps & Idle System Stability!