No association for File extension

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Hi, I have had some OS files destroyed or corrupted, so
I'm trying to repair my win files with my OS CD. When I
try and install windows I get a box that is Titled "No
association for File Extension", in the box it
says "E:\Setup\Setup.exe" then under that it says "Make
sure the proper software is installed". How do I get
that software or path or whatever in order to repair my
win files? Any help would be deeply appreciated, Thanks

Hi Jason,

Go to www.dougknox.com, click on WinXP Fixes. Locate File association fixes,
then download and run the .exe file association fix.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have had some OS files destroyed or corrupted, so
> I'm trying to repair my win files with my OS CD. When I
> try and install windows I get a box that is Titled "No
> association for File Extension", in the box it
> says "E:\Setup\Setup.exe" then under that it says "Make
> sure the proper software is installed". How do I get
> that software or path or whatever in order to repair my
> win files? Any help would be deeply appreciated, Thanks

Mike

Splendid

Jason

Go to START - RUN and type in the box.. sfc /scannow.. it will ask for the
XP cd to be placed into the cd drive.. this will repair corrupted and
missing OS files..