CC

I have a cordless phone I keep with base by my computer. Is that a problem for either one? Don't seem too have interference, I'm not wireless on computer.

cc wrote:
> I have a cordless phone I keep with base by my computer. Is that a
> problem for either one? Don't seem too have interference, I'm not
> wireless on computer.

Doubtful it will do anything if you are not wireless, and only then if your
phone and wireless were both 2.4GHz/Same Frequency.

But you must have a reason for asking.....?

--
<- Shenan ->
--

CC

The instruction manual for the phone says not to install phone close to computer.

----- Shenan Stanley wrote: -----

cc wrote:
> I have a cordless phone I keep with base by my computer. Is that a
> problem for either one? Don't seem too have interference, I'm not
> wireless on computer.

Doubtful it will do anything if you are not wireless, and only then if your
phone and wireless were both 2.4GHz/Same Frequency.

But you must have a reason for asking.....?

--
<- Shenan ->
--

geoff

There are 2 possible problems assuming you are referring to a DECT phone.
Firstly, it may slow down your downloading from a website. This has
happened in some cases with some model DECT phones. Try unplugging the
telephone from the tel line before you download to see if there is an
improvement. If not, leave it plugged in
Secondly, if the base and handset are very close to the monitor, (less than
say 10 centimeters) it can cause some patterning on the screen. Neither of
these will cause any actual harm.

Geoff.