User Account

Hi

I have bought a systems unit (second hand) from someone
with Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition - I am new to XP?

My problem is - that I have made myself a 'Limited
Account' user from a 'Administrator Account' (AA) user -
how do I get back to being a (AA) user

Malc
PS:- It is the only the one account showing in 'User
Account'
3 answers Last reply
More about user account

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:41:23 -0700, Malc wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have bought a systems unit (second hand) from someone
    > with Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition - I am new to XP?
    >
    > My problem is - that I have made myself a 'Limited
    > Account' user from a 'Administrator Account' (AA) user -
    > how do I get back to being a (AA) user
    >
    > Malc
    > PS:- It is the only the one account showing in 'User
    > Account'

    Boot to Safe Mode and log on to the built in Administrator account. This
    built in account is normally hidden from the Welcome screen and is an
    excellent "spare account" for getting out jams such as this one.

    The password for this account is blank unless the user changes it. Once
    logged on, you can go to User Accounts in Control Panel and change your
    usual account back to the administrator group.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Hi
    Thanks for your information
    Malc

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:26:40 -0700, Malc wrote:

    > Hi
    > Thanks for your information
    > Malc

    You're welcome!