VX4400B's battery dying in one day?

JL

Hi all. Very happy with my 4400, except...

The battery has gone through three cycles already and it's only lasting a
day or so before dying.

I have talked for around 20 - 30 min a day.

I live in Jersey City, just across from Manhattan in a very urban area and
always show full signal.

Also, my charger says "for LG TM540C Series" (but it's the one that came in
the box).

Did I get a defective battery? Did I get the wrong charger in the box?

Thanks...

JL

Susan

I can't answer the charger portion of this question, but until recently I
was getting three hours of talk time per charge on my 4400. I got this phone
in July of 2003 and am just now starting to notice a decrease in battery
life. The last time I talked for about 70 minutes and had one bar (later it
bounced back to two) on the battery meter.
Susan

"JL" <jl@nospam.org> wrote in message
> Hi all. Very happy with my 4400, except...
> The battery has gone through three cycles already and it's only lasting a
> day or so before dying.
> I have talked for around 20 - 30 min a day.
> I live in Jersey City, just across from Manhattan in a very urban area and
> always show full signal.
> Also, my charger says "for LG TM540C Series" (but it's the one that came
in the box).
> Did I get a defective battery? Did I get the wrong charger in the box?
> Thanks...
> JL

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

In article <dY2dnZ2xEa0bZBrd4p2dnA@comcast.com>, jl@nospam.org says...
> Hi all. Very happy with my 4400, except...
>
> The battery has gone through three cycles already and it's only lasting a
> day or so before dying.
>
> I have talked for around 20 - 30 min a day.
>
> I live in Jersey City, just across from Manhattan in a very urban area and
> always show full signal.
>
> Also, my charger says "for LG TM540C Series" (but it's the one that came in
> the box).
>
> Did I get a defective battery? Did I get the wrong charger in the box?
>
> Thanks...
>
> JL

Bring it back and see if they wont give you a new battery. I know of
one 4400b where the battery did that and was defective.