Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My question is this:
I have inadvertantly deleted the desktop icon from my
task bar. How do I restore this icon. Any help would be
much appreciated.

Many thanx

Michael Howes

Ralph

Question:

Could he have just type "desktop" in "Search" to locate the icon, then drag it into the quick launch?

Hi Michael,

The information here from Doug Knox a Microsoft MVP will tell you how to get
the Show Desktop icon/shortcut back on your Quick Launch toolbar.
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_showdesktop.htm

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 190355
How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=190355

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Michael" <dhlman2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My question is this:
> I have inadvertantly deleted the desktop icon from my
> task bar. How do I restore this icon. Any help would be
> much appreciated.
>
> Many thanx
>
> Michael Howes

open notepad
create a text file and place the following in it.

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

Save it as Show Desktop.scf

Copy it to the quicklaunch bar
typically
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

Regards
Mark Dormer

"Michael" <dhlman2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My question is this:
> I have inadvertantly deleted the desktop icon from my
> task bar. How do I restore this icon. Any help would be
> much appreciated.
>
> Many thanx
>
> Michael Howes

Perhaps,
That was my first thought, thats how I used to do it in Win98
A search on my machine didn't find a copy, so I decided not to assume that
there would be a copy on the posters machine either.

Besides copying it is easy, this way you get to see the guts of it. <g>

Regards
Mark Dormer

:
: Besides copying it is easy, this way you get to see the guts of it.
: <g>
:
: Regards
: Mark Dormer
:
: "ralph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: news:82D57EA2-F2AC-4CBA-B563-4580D76B47AC@microsoft.com...
:: Question:
::
:: Could he have just type "desktop" in "Search" to locate the icon,
:: then drag it into the quick launch?

LOL LOL LOL LOL :D