Mechwarrior Movie

riva2model64

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Carl Obremski and Dean Devlin are pushing for a Mechwarrior Movie. Obremski announced the project sometime in 2003, but has development trouble due to a lack of support. Please, anyone who is a battletech fan or just wants to see a mechwarrior movie, you can help by clicking the link below and signing the petition to get the movie into theaters.

www.mechwarriormovie.com

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Did it a while ago. I'm afraid the demand for such a title is slowly dwindling since a new Mechwarrior game hasn't really come along since MW4 Mercenaries...or arguably Lone Wolf. Shame--I was looking forward to it too :cry:

riva2model64

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
I did not know Mercenaries was called Lone Wolf. Thanks to all who signed
the petition. The producers are looking to put get atleast 100,000 votes, which at the time of this writing they hold 2691 of those votes. The producers are a preparing a 10 minute mechwarrior film which they plan to showcase to the big movie guys along with the petition. There has got to be a way to get support! I have some ideas. I have a lot of free time this summer as school's out.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Just FYI--MechAssault 2 was called Lone Wolf. It was out for XBox in early 2005, thus it was the latest Mechwarrior. Then again, it was only for XBox and not PC, so some people say it "doesn't count". To me it does as it has a new storyline around it that lines up with the books though.

icmthejudge

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Hi All
Ive heard alot of chatter over the internet of a possible future Mechwarrior film, just hoping that Transformers wasnt the replacement idea lol. At anyrate if there is any truth to the rumours, i think personally it would be a sensational idea and a sound investment. If one was to stand back and look at all the profit Microsoft, WizKids, Fasa, Microprose, Activision and their respected trademarks and copyrights not to mention countless other game machine console companies have made just off the name Mechwarrior since its better than 20 year old beginings, any fool could see that Mechwarrior is a mega-million dollar industry and that a film would be a record breaking blockbuster. Needless to say that the same consumers that invested their funds in the Mechwarrior series over the years would definately support any such film. Ive been corresponding with others that fell the same way and we fill that the film should not only evolve around the game makers storyline but also that of the untold number of fans that have bought, played and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of their on money developing online multiplayer clans and their respected clan websites(UE,DDK,ICM,RW,URG,WPPC and many others...). As follows i listed a small fraction of the masses of those who still play and invest in the franchise , Mechwarrior, across the globe: http://groups.msn.com/101rstInterceptorsClanOfMerx http://thecoop.conforums.com/index.cgi www.mektek.net www.mechwarriorleagues.com and there are millions of other sites out there still playing an supporting Mechwarrior. Thanx to all {ICM}THE JUDGE founder of the once largest and oldest known multiplayer online clan 101rst InterceptorsClanOfMerx

tmeacham

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2005
The problem is going to be that a full-on Mechwarrior movie that deals with all the mythology of inner-sphere clans and all that will need a budget of between $150 and $200 million. Movies based on video games are falling out of favor (just look how the Halo and Gears of War projects have all but died). This is a long shot but I'd love to see it.

cowcrusher

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006

well I've heard the Halo movie is starting back up, idk I rather have a Halo movie b4 a Mechwarrior movie

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Though I'd rather see more Mechwarrior/Mechcommander Video games first, Big Baby Carmack and I are in favor of more cinematic robot on robot action. And not in the Japanese Hentai way.

Just please, don't make another Robot Jox.

Rx__

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
:hello:
The MechWarrior Movie link no longer works.
Don't worry, it did not just go away. It will change into something new.

FASA - did go away - thanks for all the innovation and the fun memories.

MechWarrior 4 - NBT-Hardcore (NetBattleTech)
Download a 2 CD ROM add-on to MW4.

VirtualWorld.COM - new updates, new mechs licensed for Virtual Reality Simulators.

If anything new pops up regarding the movie and MW5, please let me know.

spoonboy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007

Yeah but if there was another game, and it was well done, it would sell by the truckload and have dedicated hard-core types play it online for like 5-6 years. Giant robots are always appealing lol.

Im against a film, it would just come out like the doom film, i.e. sh#t.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
old thread.. anyway..

After watching Transformers, I could a big budget MW work, at 150$-200$ mil, which probably no studio would go for.

Rx__

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
The success of Transformers is exactly why they will put that into BattleTech, RoboTech, and the other one.
:lol:
But, don't expect anything until Spring 2009.

Just think, Burger King can sell the minatures for kids to paint... . :non:
Or maybe... TGIF will sell the official Cy Beer (Cy Beer was on one of the MW video clips). :sarcastic:

Also: UTube - BattleTech the Cartoon series - Best cartoon for story content - too bad they can't update the graphics and re-release it

GrandAdmiralThrawn

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007

I agree I still play MW4 now and then and I really hope they make a 5 I'd buy it the first day its out.

A movie would be cool to, Battletech has such a huge and deep story line that they could make a good movie or more about part of it.

Rx__

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
Well, the certified movie script was available on the net for a while. Kind of ruins it for me (then again, I am very forgetful and Spring 2009 is a ways off).
The script is no longer available for viewing.
Can only hope that this will lead to MW5 as the follow on to the movie.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Part of the difference here is that Mechwarrior is not just a video game series.

It is also an enormous library of novels, roleplaying material, tabletop games, future history, and ideas. Just pick a novel and adapt it to a movie or write a new script based on the immense lore and story you have to work with.

To say that a Mechwarrior would fail because it is a video game movie would be about the same as saying the X-Men movie would fail because it was about a video game. Neither is true.

dav_man

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
It is also an enormous library of novels, roleplaying material, tabletop games, future history, and ideas. Just pick a novel and adapt it to a movie or write a new script based on the immense lore and story you have to work with.

think of it like the star wars franchise. there is a crapload of stuff that they could do movies and stuff on. a little bit further in the past, Sonic the hedgehog had is own TV show

Rx__

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
One of the exceptions of a movie about a video game that became a fantastic movie
I remember the absolute excitement of
The movie
:love: TRON :love:

Then again...
I wonder if I am associating my memory of that movie with the girl from my college dormatory that I took on a date to that movie?
OK, maybe TRON wasn't alll that great... Now that I try to think about it, I can't remember the TRON movie itself at all. Actually, now that I remember, it was so bad that we left and ....
Nevermind, I will think of another example.

Rx__

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
Re: I still have my " the mech collection" and MW4 Vengance boxes and I love the game, if they'd make a sequel I'd buy it

http://www.netbattletech.com/nbt-hc/

NBT-HardCore Highlights
Access to the Clan & IS Pack 'Mechs for all users
Brand New Game Balance System built directly into the MW4 code
More "Simulation Feel" to the MW4 game engine
Dynamic Online Starmap representing the BattleTech universe
New 'Mechs and Weapons introduced as the league evolves
Direct tie-ins between the league dynamic and the game itself
In-depth role-playing environment based upon the 3067 BTech timeline
14 Dedicated Servers for League battles and Voice Comms
and much, much more...

If you have the MW4 Mercenaries -
This site has two free zipped files (for making 2 CD ROMS - they are big) that will update all the other packs.
The upgrade to MW4 are ... well just huge.
The support of the members is really good.
The directions... could be better, but once you get through it, it works really well

Playing on a league play - The neat thing is that a 56K modem works just great. In fact, if you have high speed internet, the best setting is still 56K on the game. Not much binary infor going across the line.
In a league play, we played Russins. The challange was that only one spoke English (kind of). We understood them to say that they had 3 players networked to one single 56K line.
Even if you don't play on-line, the maps and new mechs and updated graphics created by members are great fun to review.
It is all free. Members donate to support it.
My little technology enterprise licenses the developments to upgrade our BattleTech Simulators.
Here are some photos at www.VirtualWorld.com

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Sounds pretty good. Maybe I'll look for it next time I'm bored and looking for something new to play. I'd still rather see a new Mechwarrior or Mech Commander come out ;-).