computer history

anyone know how i can check my coputers history even if
its been deleted would there be any back ups of this
stored anywhere on my computer as i need to to prove to a
paranoid wife :D that theres nothing for her to be
paranoid about

noel wrote:
> anyone know how i can check my coputers history even if
> its been deleted would there be any back ups of this
> stored anywhere on my computer as i need to to prove to a
> paranoid wife :D that theres nothing for her to be
> paranoid about

What is a "computer history"? Do you mean "Internet History"? If so, you
could check it, but as it is periodically overwritten (depending on your own
settings) or a button can be clicked to clear it, it won't be of much use.

--
<- Shenan ->
--

map

Your paranoid wife has a reason to be paranoid.

http://www.acesoft.net/winspy/index.dat%
20viewer/index.dat_viewer.htm

map

Bad link try this one.

www.acesoft.net/winspy/index.dat%
20viewer/index.dat_viewer.htm

Hi

Do you mean Internet History? If so, open Internet Explorer and click on the History icon. If it isn't there right click on the bar, select Customize and then add it. You will see so many days 'web wanderings'. It the History has already been deleted, I don't think you can get it back. How far back did you want to go? you can increase the number of days that the History is kept by going to Tools>Internet Options - on the General tab adjust the drop down menu under 'History'.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"noel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:530a01c42cf1$987f0c20$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| anyone know how i can check my coputers history even if
| its been deleted would there be any back ups of this
| stored anywhere on my computer as i need to to prove to a
| paranoid wife :D that theres nothing for her to be
| paranoid about

---

Trixie

Noel,

You know your wife will find out about us sooner or later.
Why not just tell her now?

Love,

Trixie

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"noel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> anyone know how i can check my coputers history even if
> its been deleted would there be any back ups of this
> stored anywhere on my computer as i need to to prove to a
> paranoid wife :D that theres nothing for her to be
> paranoid about

If you deleted it there's not much hope. I'm not sure but I think a system
restore would do the job.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003