boot and rescue discs

I've been told Windows XP does not require a boot disc or a rescue disk. Is
this the case?
3 answers Last reply
More about boot rescue discs

    "Ted Fraser" <tedfraser@telus.net> wrote in message
    > I've been told Windows XP does not require a boot disc or a rescue disk.
    Is
    > this the case?

    The CD is bootable and has all the tools needed to reformat etc etc.

    manufacturers no longer provide the CD; in fact some of
    the "big names" provide almost nothing (no CD's and no
    manuals; not even a list of the pre-loaded programs) as
    they try to boost profits and expect the buyers to spend
    many hours reading "help" files. In these cases, a boot
    disc may be needed.
    >.

    The XP CD is bootable but others like the Norton Anti-virus can be used as an emergency boot disk as well. I also went to the microsoft site and created a six floppy boot disk set just in case the CD drive got taken out by a virus or failure. I then have a second option for floppies. {:~)

Boot Microsoft Windows XP