boot and rescue discs

I've been told Windows XP does not require a boot disc or a rescue disk. Is
this the case?

Gordon

"Ted Fraser" <tedfraser@telus.net> wrote in message
> I've been told Windows XP does not require a boot disc or a rescue disk.
Is
> this the case?

The CD is bootable and has all the tools needed to reformat etc etc.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

manufacturers no longer provide the CD; in fact some of
the "big names" provide almost nothing (no CD's and no
manuals; not even a list of the pre-loaded programs) as
they try to boost profits and expect the buyers to spend
many hours reading "help" files. In these cases, a boot
disc may be needed.
>.

The XP CD is bootable but others like the Norton Anti-virus can be used as an emergency boot disk as well. I also went to the microsoft site and created a six floppy boot disk set just in case the CD drive got taken out by a virus or failure. I then have a second option for floppies. {:~)