VIA Chipsets & GeForce 4 MX440

G

Is anyone else having problems with VIA Chipsets and the GeForce 4 MX440's ? The boards we use are MSI K7T Turbo 2 based on the Kt133A Chipset.
The problem that we have is the board beeps 8 times and no video display.
The card works fine on the MSI 845 Ultra-c which is an Intel Based motherboard.
I have sent emails to MSI & Leadtek and 3 weeks have gone by with no replies.
From looking at other posts on MSI's forum, they obviously have a problem as many people have come up and said that they have the same problem but with the K7T 266 Pro's.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well have you tried another card in the AMD chipset?

it COULD be a bad agp slot, and that motherboard IS rather old... maybe some conflict there cauz of the age and capabilities of the graphicscard & motherboard.

<font color=red>MABACITISS</font color=red>: Movement Against Boasting About CPU Idle Temps & Idle System Stability!

G

I would assume that the card works fine in the AMD chipset, as it works fine in Intel chipsets.

I've been over to VIA's Forum page and many people are complaining about GeForce 4 MX's not working properly in there VIA Chipsets. These complaints range from 266Pro to the older Kt133 chipsets, so really, it is right across the board. I've even been told to take my card back and get a GeForce 2 or 3, but what happens when these cards are no more? what r people going to upgrade to?

The boards have not got faulty AGP slots, because GeForce 2's and 3's work no problem.

I just find it strange that neither MSI or Leadtek have replied to any of my emails regarding this problem.

If it was a conflict with the board, why on the box of the video card, does it say that it is capatibile with all AGP speeds.