computer will not work/open/start

my computer will not work
message says
\window\system32\config\system file is missing or corrupt
2 answers Last reply
More about computer work open start

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "allanw" <alan2chat@fsmail.net> wrote in message:

    | my computer will not work
    | message says
    | \window\system32\config\system file is missing or corrupt

    Hi Allan,

    You have a corrupt registry.

    How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry [Q307545]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "allanw" <alan2chat@fsmail.net> wrote in message
    > my computer will not work
    > message says
    > \window\system32\config\system file is missing or corrupt

System File Computers System32 Microsoft Configuration Windows XP