Halo for X-box or Halo for PC?

halcyon

Splendid
Retarded question from a non-gamer type:

I started playing Halo a couple of years ago but gave my X-box away before I finished. The game was one of the few I enjoyed and I'd like to play it again and finish. I guess I've come to miss...The Flood.

Since I think this rig would handle it...okay, at least @ 1024x768, is it better on the PC or should I just grab an X-box? As I understand it, Halo 2 is not available on the PC?

So, Halo for X-box or Halo for PC? Thx, xie-xie ni.

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
i have halo for pc and wayyyyyy preffer it now to the xbox only because i game in high res and now cant stand 512x t.v. res, but the ygayplay is weaker on pc and there is no co-op which pisses me off. halo 2 will be avalible for windows vista with Dx10 and is going to be wayyy more graphically intense than the pc version. Peace.

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
I prefered Halo on PC myself too. I miss the CO-OP mode, but I will live. I just prefer using the keyboard and mouse.

Arucard

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Halo on PC is better except for two reasons. First, no co-op, secondly, it was buggy as all hell, and my system crashed every other time I ran it.

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Looking at your system specs, you won't have a problem. I run it at 800x600 with an Athlon XP 3000 and a Geforce FX5900. I can run it at 1024x768, it runs pretty good until I get alot of enemies then it tends to slow down. Your system is better than mine according to your sig, so you shouldn't have that problem.

Darkchyld

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Not ever having an Xbox myself can't judge it. played on PC with no problems, luv it. A thought on Halo 2. If they, Bungie and Microsoft, bundle it with Vista and price it typical for a new OS, $200.00-$300.00 USD, someone will figure out how to get it to run on XP and put it on the web. It will become the most "bootlegged" game in history and Bungie and Micrsoft will proclaim it a "failure" and blame priacy.
If however its priced more like a game bundled with the OS, $50.00-$100.00, it will be a massive seller and rake in major bucks, sell allot of Vista, and Bungi and Micrsoft will proclaim it a success, crediting their "business" model.
Humm... :roll:

meleniumshane90

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
Halo PC Does not use AA, it uses its own architecture. So even if you try forcing AA on the game using your video card, you're not really doing anything.

This game will run on pretty much any 32 Meg Video Card, So no matter what, your set. If you have a 128 Meg Video Card, you can run this at full specs, with no problem! Halo PC uses higher resolution texture files than the XBOX counterpart.

Seeing as how you now have Halo PC, come and get some mods and info. http://groups.msn.com/Meleniumshane90sHaloMods.

(By the way, my P3 Celeron and a nVidia 6200 runs it full specs)

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
The rule of thumb is that the PC version is always superior, however this is true only if you have the hardware needed for it to run properly. Aside from that, shooters are played a lot better on a Keyboard/Mouse interface than what they ever will on a controller.

Oh yeah, regardless of that, Halo series still suck... Halo was a so-so passable game (hard pill to swallow), Halo 2 outdated graphics turned me off (And having similar gameplay to the original didn't help), and unless M$ does an unbelievable effort on Halo 3, I doubt I'll like the series at all. (I don't care much for their Xbox counterpart though, don't like to play many games other than a few adventure/sports games on consoles)