Hotmail folders will not download

Hello.
I have 2 accounts in hotmail. One downloaded the folders. one will not. the one that downloaded is a hotmail acct, the other one is a free msn web based acct. No matter what I do it will not work. is there something that I am doing wrong?
I finally got OE working by downloading it again. Boy....XP is a pain in the A$$.
If you have any tips, please let me know.
*Smile*
1 answer Last reply
More about hotmail folders download

    Jenzifr wrote:
    > Hello.
    > I have 2 accounts in hotmail. One downloaded the folders. one will
    > not. the one that downloaded is a hotmail acct, the other one is a
    > free msn web based acct. No matter what I do it will not work. is
    > there something that I am doing wrong? I finally got OE working by
    > downloading it again. Boy....XP is a pain in the A$$.
    > If you have any tips, please let me know.
    > *Smile*

    Courtesy of PA Bear :-

    Both POP3- and web-based MSN mail accounts can be accessed in OE. See
    these links for instructions on...

    Configuring your POP3 MSN Account in OE
    http://supportservices.msn.com/us/oeconfig/

    Manually Configuring Security Settings
    http://supportservices.msn.com/us/content/qanda/qa_emailsecurity.htm#emailsecurity_outlook_express

    Using Other SMTP Servers (POP3 Mail) as an MSN Subscriber
    http://supportservices.msn.com/us/content/qanda/_email_port25.htm

    Anyone can access MSN's E-mail Security Wizard/Tool at this page:
    http://supportservices.msn.com/us/smtptool/default.asp. It should only
    be
    used by MSN POP3 mail customers; anyone using MSN 8 or web-based (HTTP)
    mail
    should not use it. The page also gives links to other pages detailing
    how
    to manually change e-mail security settings in OE; the caveats above
    still
    apply. Regular Hotmail account holders should not use these settings or
    tools.

    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)