Start up problems please help

Hi
When my laptop starts now, I now have windows help starting up as well, .I
can close help no problem but would like to stop it starting up when the
computer starts up.
I recently uninstalled norton interent security don't if that is something
to do with it I have also checked start up folder and this is ok this
happens on my login and the admin login

Many thanks
Ian
3 answers Last reply
More about start problems help

    go>start\run and type in msconfig and click OK or hit enter on your keyboard. Now select the startup tab and uncheck any program that you don't want starting at boot. That includes any references to help and support. Welcome to the eXPeriance.{:~)

    Check the below article;

    310353.KB.EN-US How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310353

    --
    Darren Hook
    dhook@online.microsoft.com

    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
    newsgroup purposes only.

    "Ian Harris" <websolutions@NOSPAMclara.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > When my laptop starts now, I now have windows help starting up as well, .I
    > can close help no problem but would like to stop it starting up when the
    > computer starts up.
    > I recently uninstalled norton interent security don't if that is something
    > to do with it I have also checked start up folder and this is ok this
    > happens on my login and the admin login
    >
    > Many thanks
    > Ian

    Hi Darren
    Thanks for the info I think that will sort it out
    Best Regards
    Ian
    "Darren Hook [MSFT]" <dhook@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Check the below article;
    >
    > 310353.KB.EN-US How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310353
    >

    > --
    > Darren Hook
    > dhook@online.microsoft.com
    > Microsoft PSS
    >
    > Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
    > newsgroup purposes only.

    rights.
    > "Ian Harris" <websolutions@NOSPAMclara.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > When my laptop starts now, I now have windows help starting up as well,
    ..I
    > > can close help no problem but would like to stop it starting up when the
    > > computer starts up.
    > > I recently uninstalled norton interent security don't if that is
    something
    > > to do with it I have also checked start up folder and this is ok this
    > > happens on my login and the admin login
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > > Ian

Windows XP