ERROR CREATING PROCESS C:...INFUNREGMP2.EXE /.../REGBROWSERS

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 29, 2004 12:26:05 PM

I get the following error and then get booted from the
system. Does anyone know what the error means or a fix?

ADVANCED INF INSTALL: ERROR CREATING PROCESS
C:\WINDOWS\INF\UNREGMP2.EXE /SHORTCUTS/REGBROWSERS

Thanks

Casey

More about : error creating process infunregmp2 exe regbrowsers

Anonymous
April 30, 2004 6:12:13 AM

Casey

This file is associated with Windows Media Player.

You could uninstall Windows Media Player through Start, Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs, Windows Components and then reinstall. You will need your Windows XP CD.

There have a number of updates for Windows Media Player. Are you installed all the updates available at Windows Update?

--

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA
gcjc@yesit.co.uk
Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"casey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5f1c01c42dfe$49976c20$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> I get the following error and then get booted from the
> system. Does anyone know what the error means or a fix?
>
> ADVANCED INF INSTALL: ERROR CREATING PROCESS
> C:\WINDOWS\INF\UNREGMP2.EXE /SHORTCUTS/REGBROWSERS
>
> Thanks
>
> Casey
April 30, 2004 6:12:14 AM

I am patched to the hilt. Problem is that on the domain we
apply patches for applications and lately some of the
microsoft patches have had very adverse effects and since
there are so many its hard to single out a specific patch.

Can you tell me what the regbrowsers portion means or what
it does or if microsoft has a doc about it? Just trying to
get a good understanding here.

This problem didn't appear till we switched to using
symantec ghost 8 for our images so I have been hunting for
a solution along those lines. Thanks for the help.
!