ERROR CREATING PROCESS C:...INFUNREGMP2.EXE /.../REGBROWSERS

I get the following error and then get booted from the
system. Does anyone know what the error means or a fix?

ADVANCED INF INSTALL: ERROR CREATING PROCESS
C:\WINDOWS\INF\UNREGMP2.EXE /SHORTCUTS/REGBROWSERS

Thanks

Casey
2 answers Last reply
More about error creating process infunregmp2 regbrowsers

    Casey

    This file is associated with Windows Media Player.

    You could uninstall Windows Media Player through Start, Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs, Windows Components and then reinstall. You will need your Windows XP CD.

    There have a number of updates for Windows Media Player. Are you installed all the updates available at Windows Update?

    --

    ~~~~~~

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA
    gcjc@yesit.co.uk
    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "casey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5f1c01c42dfe$49976c20$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > I get the following error and then get booted from the
    > system. Does anyone know what the error means or a fix?
    >
    > ADVANCED INF INSTALL: ERROR CREATING PROCESS
    > C:\WINDOWS\INF\UNREGMP2.EXE /SHORTCUTS/REGBROWSERS
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Casey

    I am patched to the hilt. Problem is that on the domain we
    apply patches for applications and lately some of the
    microsoft patches have had very adverse effects and since
    there are so many its hard to single out a specific patch.

    Can you tell me what the regbrowsers portion means or what
    it does or if microsoft has a doc about it? Just trying to
    get a good understanding here.

    This problem didn't appear till we switched to using
    symantec ghost 8 for our images so I have been hunting for
    a solution along those lines. Thanks for the help.

Microsoft Windows XP