Bugs in ASUS P4B266

G

Dear All,

The ASUS P4B266 motherboard has a big problem with IBM 60G & 80G Hard disk. If you are using ASUS P4B266 with IBM (60G or 80G) HD, you cannot equip with MS Windows 2000 and MS WindowsXP. The problem is when you start from a cold boot condition, the whole system will end up in an automatic reboot cycle all the time and you can never reach the login screen of Windows system again. Please check with you motherboard, and report to the ASUS or IBM. Up to now ASUS still hasn't comment or take any action in this problems and the HONG KONG authorized agent admitted that there is an inherent problem of this mother board. Although we bought it at market retail price of HK$1260, he ruthlessly offer to refund a lower wholesale price of HK $ 1090 to HONG KONG user, like myself, by returning the mother board to them. Bearing in mind that it is AUSUS who creates a not fit for purpose product, as consumer, we have to suffer from the frustration and financial loss due to their problematic product offer.

We feel helpless!!!!!!!.

Regards,
An aggravated HongKongUser

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
that explains a lot....
i had the asus P4B (sdram version of P4B266) and i tried to install windows 2000 in it with a maxtor 60 gig HD (i know...its not IBM...but the capacity is the same) and i would get random reboots.

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool: