Need a simple answer about print logs

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,alt.os.windows.xp (More info?)

This one seems like a no-brainer but I just can't find an answer. How
do you set up windows xp to log everything thats printed? I just want
a simple print log to show what the file was, size and date...

This shouldn't be complicated....or should it?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,alt.os.windows.xp (More info?)

You'll need a third-party program, such as:

Advanced Printers Activity Logger® 1.2
http://menesk.lucky-one.com/apal.shtml

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"nomad2224" pebble2224@hotmail.com wrote in message:

| This one seems like a no-brainer but I just can't find an answer. How
| do you set up windows xp to log everything thats printed? I just want
| a simple print log to show what the file was, size and date...
|
| This shouldn't be complicated....or should it?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,alt.os.windows.xp (More info?)

Auditing will give you this

Object Open:

Object Server: Spooler

Object Type: Document

Object Name: http://smh.com.au/news/opinion/webdiary/index.html?from=lhsnav

Handle ID: 9487952

Operation ID: {-,-}

Process ID: 1020

Image File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

Primary User Name: SERENITY$

Primary Domain: WORKGROUP

Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7)

Client User Name: David Candy