Need a simple answer about print logs

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,alt.os.windows.xp (More info?)

This one seems like a no-brainer but I just can't find an answer. How
do you set up windows xp to log everything thats printed? I just want
a simple print log to show what the file was, size and date...

This shouldn't be complicated....or should it?
2 answers Last reply
More about need simple answer print logs
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,alt.os.windows.xp (More info?)

    You'll need a third-party program, such as:

    Advanced Printers Activity Logger® 1.2
    http://menesk.lucky-one.com/apal.shtml

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "nomad2224" pebble2224@hotmail.com wrote in message:

    | This one seems like a no-brainer but I just can't find an answer. How
    | do you set up windows xp to log everything thats printed? I just want
    | a simple print log to show what the file was, size and date...
    |
    | This shouldn't be complicated....or should it?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,alt.os.windows.xp (More info?)

    Auditing will give you this

    Object Open:

    Object Server: Spooler

    Object Type: Document

    Object Name: http://smh.com.au/news/opinion/webdiary/index.html?from=lhsnav

    Handle ID: 9487952

    Operation ID: {-,-}

    Process ID: 1020

    Image File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

    Primary User Name: SERENITY$

    Primary Domain: WORKGROUP

    Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7)

    Client User Name: David Candy

    Client Domain: SERENITY

    Client Logon ID: (0x0,0xE179)

    Accesses: READ_CONTROL

    %%6949

    Privileges: -

    Restricted Sid Count: 0

    And the band played ....
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/aldon/74121.html
    "nomad2224" <pebble2224@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a95cce87.0404290802.e7c5c56@posting.google.com...
    > This one seems like a no-brainer but I just can't find an answer. How
    > do you set up windows xp to log everything thats printed? I just want
    > a simple print log to show what the file was, size and date...
    >
    > This shouldn't be complicated....or should it?

Microsoft Windows XP