Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just upgraded to windowsxp professional from 2000. I have been using the "administrator" for my account(I'm the only one using the machine). I had to reboot and all of a sudden the "administrator" is now missing from lthe log in window. Does anyone know how I can get it back??????

Jerry

Jerry wrote:
> I just upgraded to windowsxp professional from 2000. I have been
> using the "administrator" for my account(I'm the only one using the
> machine). I had to reboot and all of a sudden the "administrator" is
> now missing from lthe log in window. Does anyone know how I can get
> it back??????
>
> Jerry

Enter Ctl-Alt-Del twice at the logon screen to get the 2000 looking logon
where you can log on with the Adminstrator account. You can add this
account to your welcome screen using a free utility from MVP Doug Knox. See
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_admin_ok.htm for more info.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP MCE

Gordon

"Jerry" <jerry@ccdesigngroup.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded to windowsxp professional from 2000. I have been using the
"administrator" for my account(I'm the only one using the machine). I had to
reboot and all of a sudden the "administrator" is now missing from lthe log
in window. Does anyone know how I can get it back??????

> Jerry

It is NOT good practice to use the built-in Administrator account on a day
to day basis. Create a User with Admin rights and use that. If you only have
one user, The Administrator, and it goes belly-up you are stuffed big time.