  • Microsoft
  • User Accounts
  • Windows XP
April 29, 2004 6:41:52 PM

New Dell computer with WindowsXP Professional.

We would like to have to 2 user accounts with the
capability to use two programs (Quick Trip Ambulance
Reporting and Firehouse Software Reporting).

Is it possible to have one EMT account using the Quick
Trip program and another, Firefighter account using the
Firehouse program?

Each of the user acounts will have to be able to enter
their program and and make entries/updates.

We have tried setting up user accounts with limited
access, but have been unable to access the two programs.

We also tried to place the respective progran files in
shared documents folder on the admin acount, but still
have access problems with them in the user accounts.

On our older computer - someone kept screwing around with
folders and messed up the programs. That is why we're
interested in setting up some security with admin access
and user account access.

More about : user accounts

Anonymous
April 30, 2004 2:09:57 AM

Hi,

This might be tricky. In order to use the software, it may have to be
installed under both user accounts. As they are limited accounts, you should
right-click the setup file and use "run as", then enter the adming username
and password. This will likely have to be done under each user account, but
it can be installed to the same program folder each time.

This may also help:

Some Programs Do Not Work If You Log On from Limited Account [Q307091]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307091

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"Clarendon Fire Department" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:637501c42e32$c8b9f890$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> New Dell computer with WindowsXP Professional.
>
> We would like to have to 2 user accounts with the
> capability to use two programs (Quick Trip Ambulance
> Reporting and Firehouse Software Reporting).
>
> Is it possible to have one EMT account using the Quick
> Trip program and another, Firefighter account using the
> Firehouse program?
>
> Each of the user acounts will have to be able to enter
> their program and and make entries/updates.
>
> We have tried setting up user accounts with limited
> access, but have been unable to access the two programs.
>
> We also tried to place the respective progran files in
> shared documents folder on the admin acount, but still
> have access problems with them in the user accounts.
>
> On our older computer - someone kept screwing around with
> folders and messed up the programs. That is why we're
> interested in setting up some security with admin access
> and user account access.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 2:09:58 AM

Thanks much for responding so quickly. We'll give it a
try and see what happens. Thanks again.
Dick wilsric@penn.com

!