Sign in with
Your question

PS2 vx XBOX

Last response: in Video Games
June 20, 2006 4:42:51 PM

My wife wants to get Dance Dance Revolution for excercise and it is available for PS2 and XBOX (NOT XBOX 360). Which is the better system...ps2 or xbox? I know XBOX 360 is backwards compatible with xbox games but I will be building a Conroe PC in a few months so do not want to spend the $$ on an XBOX 360.

Thanks!!

Eddie

More about : ps2 xbox

June 20, 2006 9:13:26 PM

ps2 has more of them(the ddr games), and a massive game library compared to the xbox, and the 360 compatibility isnt great, this coming from a 360 gamer lmao
June 22, 2006 12:28:52 AM

The Xbox is a beast compared to the PS2 and it doesn't overheat.The Xbox also has more power in visual terms and has a great sound. About the 360 the backward compability is awful in some games like Halo 2 suck and then freezes and this is due to the change in graphic cards the Xbox had Nvidia and the 360 has Ati and this created great problems in backward compability but this is slowly being corrected by some updates.
Related resources
June 25, 2006 11:21:42 PM

go ps2 for the game catalogue, it wont dissapoint the wife. and to the guy above me the ps2 doesnt overheat. the xbox still has problems with the cord setting things on fire, they attempted to fix it but it didnt really work.
June 25, 2006 11:37:42 PM

ps2 because it offers more games. And doesnt cost a lot anymore.
June 27, 2006 2:21:40 PM

ps2 i reckon, easier to get cheap games etc
June 28, 2006 2:34:53 AM

The problems of the my XBOx is from 2004 and it does not generates heat nor gets fire about my Ps2 my room is very clean and I have air purifiers etc,,, and my ps2 gets very dirty and I had to open it to clean it my self because sometimes it gather so much dust in the ventilation area that it would not run any games because it over heated
June 28, 2006 5:47:30 PM

Quote:
ps2 i reckon, easier to get cheap games etc

fo' shizzle.
especially if you pick up one of THESE badboys and a blockbuster rental membership...
June 29, 2006 12:07:09 AM

I think does Hard drives doesn't handle the new slim PS2
June 29, 2006 10:05:34 AM

i waas gonna get one of those, but ive never used copyied games in any of my consoles, after all its the only real profit made in console games. so i buy all mine.
July 1, 2006 10:56:35 PM

Quote:
My wife wants to get Dance Dance Revolution for excercise and it is available for PS2 and XBOX (NOT XBOX 360). Which is the better system...ps2 or xbox? I know XBOX 360 is backwards compatible with xbox games but I will be building a Conroe PC in a few months so do not want to spend the $$ on an XBOX 360.

Thanks!!

Eddie

Only the user can actually decide which console is better. Most features are only of any point if you actually will make use of them; i.e, it's pointless to look at an Xbox 360 for its graphical power, when the most important titles also appear for PC, and a brand-new gaming-class rig will best the Xbox 360.

If you actually have serious use for one of the consoles over the other, get it. Otherwise, I'd recommend a plain Xbox or a PS2, since they will be enough to satisfy all of the requirements you've specified. (playing DDR)
July 2, 2006 12:55:47 AM

Quote:
i waas gonna get one of those, but ive never used copyied games in any of my consoles, after all its the only real profit made in console games. so i buy all mine.
I modded my XBOX and have all the games loaded on there. I enjoy the shortened load times.
July 22, 2006 7:17:27 AM

Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to buy some tybo videos or something? I mean buying a system to exercise with is kinda dumb imo. btw Xbox is better because you can put a mod chip in it $30, then a HDD $100 for a 320 GB HDD and you can store games on itm then you could download some homebrewed DDR and play that, or workout on it.
July 25, 2006 5:42:27 PM

Where did all these hackers come from? All he wants to do is run one game on it, why would he buy an Xbox and then spend 130 dollars to mod it just so the load times on one game will be quicker.

About the heat issues, both the Xbox and PS2 can have their own problems with overheating. I've had a PS2 for almost 5 years and I've only cleaned out the ventilation area once and I've never had heat issues. Most of the heat problems come from having too restrictive of an enclosure. My PS2 sits on top of my DVD player with nothing else around it.

Which one you pick will just come down to whether you can get a better deal on one or the other. If you want to try more DDR games then the PS2 would probably work out better.
August 9, 2006 2:35:08 AM

Quote:
I modded my XBOX and have all the games loaded on there. I enjoy the shortened load times.

I have one normal xbox and one moded. I buy all my games (usually after price goes down or used. I rarely buy 50$ games) I then load the games into my moded xobox so I can play system link games with my friends. Split screen sucks. We are all into co op games now.
August 10, 2006 10:35:53 PM

Quote:

I have one normal xbox and one moded. I buy all my games (usually after price goes down or used. I rarely buy 50$ games) I then load the games into my moded xobox so I can play system link games with my friends. Split screen sucks. We are all into co op games now.Of course you are taking about Halo. I wish there was a way to link two XBOX together and play cooperative that way.

I once played four man split screen on a seven inch LCD. 8O
August 10, 2006 11:18:59 PM

Quote:

I have one normal xbox and one moded. I buy all my games (usually after price goes down or used. I rarely buy 50$ games) I then load the games into my moded xobox so I can play system link games with my friends. Split screen sucks. We are all into co op games now.Of course you are taking about Halo. I wish there was a way to link two XBOX together and play cooperative that way.

I once played four man split screen on a seven inch LCD. 8O

a 7" screen divided into 4, you gotta be kidding me. Anyway, I play a lot of co op games:
Serious sam 2
ghost recon2 summit strike
doom3
deathrow
battlefront
battlefront2
heroes of the pacific
brute force
dead mans hand

plus we use races to break up the shooting. My favorite is mtx mototrax and hot wheel stunt track. I do wish halo and a lot of games had system link co op. Raze's hell is so much fun in co op, but only in split screen. My friends now try games at my house 1st. It is try before you buy. So many games look fun, but have boring gameplay. I had such high hopes for godzilla and its co op. So very boring. Hopefully halo 3 will have system link co op.
August 10, 2006 11:35:07 PM

Nope, not joking. We kept shooting at rocks we thought were moving.
!