Dial up starting automatically

ramesh

HI,

I d like to know the way I can have a dial up connection start automatically
when I log on. Is there a way other than using Startup folder?

I had it this way till I recently installed the OS.

Thanks
Ramesh

ramesh

My DSL modem uses a dial up connection. And I want this to be connected automatically when I log on.

Can I do that?

Ramesh

Ramesh,

One such method: Use Rasdial.exe, supplied with XP. Open a Command Prompt window and type:

Rasdial <connectoid name> "username" "password" (beware! it's a clear-text)

Create a shortcut for the whole command-line parameter and place that into your startup folder.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell