Hi:
Is there a way to set up "safe mode" or a reasonable alternative that allows
the video driver only, or a generic driver that allows 800x600 or above, to
load?

I have a 19" LCD monitor and it won't work at 640x480.

A couple of times I've had issues with adware that I'd prefer to deal with
in safe mode.

Bruce

Hi,

Start/run msconfig, on the boot.ini tab enable the /safeboot option.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone