Logon Problem

When I start the computer, The welcome screen comes up. When I click on the
user, it starts to come up, then goes to log off. Only option I have to
click on is "turn off the computer". Then it just starts over again with
the log on screen.

---

Hi

At the Welcome Screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice, to see if you can access Windows via the Administrator's Account.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Lawrence" <lawrencesystemsnospam@isp.com> wrote in message news:O$kiUhrLEHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| When I start the computer, The welcome screen comes up. When I click on the
| user, it starts to come up, then goes to log off. Only option I have to
| click on is "turn off the computer". Then it just starts over again with
| the log on screen.
|

| ---

Does it do the same thing if you go into safe mode?

Same thing happens in Sade Mode. Pressing Ctl,Alt,Del brings up log in box.
Then Welcome screen, then says logging off and that's all I have been able
to do.

Hi

At the Welcome Screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice, to see if you can access
Windows via the Administrator's Account.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Lawrence" <lawrencesystemsnospam@isp.com> wrote in message
| When I start the computer, The welcome screen comes up. When I click on
the
| user, it starts to come up, then goes to log off. Only option I have to
| click on is "turn off the computer". Then it just starts over again with
| the log on screen.
|

| ---

---

:
: "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
: news:eK4xRnrLEHA.2976@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: Hi
:
: At the Welcome Screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice, to see if you can
: access Windows via the Administrator's Account.
:
:
: "Lawrence" <lawrencesystemsnospam@isp.com> wrote in message
: news:O$kiUhrLEHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
:: When I start the computer, The welcome screen comes up. When I click
:: on the user, it starts to come up, then goes to log off. Only option
:: I have to click on is "turn off the computer". Then it just starts
:: over again with the log on screen.
::
::
::
:: ---
::
::
:
:
: ---

I had a similar problem about 2 months ago. I had to do a repair install to
sort out the problem. My computer would not recognise the XP retail cd as
bootable, so I downloaded the programme from Microsoft to make six floppy
discs to allow me to start my computer and read from the cd. Worked a treat.