Can you find the antenna problem at the Homer Alaska Harbo..

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:45:31 -0700, "Frank" <la@pasadena.net> wrote:

>Your Thursday WiFI quiz:
>Can you find the antenna problem at the Homer Alaska Harbormasters office?
>http://www.pasadena.net/alaskawlan/
>Frank Keeney
>http://www.wlanparts.com

Yep, but I don't wanna give it away. However, I'll offer a clue.
There's something wrong with the lower dish antenna in the photo.

Thanks, that made my day.

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

"Frank" <la@pasadena.net> wrote in message news:<o62dnThp05CzcmLd4p2dnA@speakeasy.net>...
> Your Thursday WiFI quiz:
>
> Can you find the antenna problem at the Homer Alaska Harbormasters office?
>
> http://www.pasadena.net/alaskawlan/
>

> Frank Keeney
> http://www.wlanparts.com

Frank... why don't you just condescend to 'splain it to us?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The feed on the lower grid is off by 90 degrees. It was assembled
incorrectly.

I went in aand told them of the problem, they mentioned that they were
having some trouble with the link.

Frank

"Michael Erskine" <osiris@deltaville.net> wrote in message
> "Frank" <la@pasadena.net> wrote in message
> > Your Thursday WiFI quiz:
> >
> > Can you find the antenna problem at the Homer Alaska Harbormasters
office?

> > http://www.pasadena.net/alaskawlan/
> >

> > Frank Keeney
> > http://www.wlanparts.com
>
> Frank... why don't you just condescend to 'splain it to us?

> Yep, but I don't wanna give it away. However, I'll offer a clue.
> There's something wrong with the lower dish antenna in the photo.

That could be a matter of perspective. It looks like it is missing some
paint.

--
---

"Frank" <la@pasadena.net> wrote in message news:<o62dnThp05CzcmLd4p2dnA@speakeasy.net>...
> Your Thursday WiFI quiz:
>
> Can you find the antenna problem at the Homer Alaska Harbormasters office?
>
> http://www.pasadena.net/alaskawlan/
>

> Frank Keeney
> http://www.wlanparts.com

Ya know... Jeff, and Clarence, and Frank, you guys sorta deserve each
other.

I mean I know it is sorta blunt and tactless to tell you all to fux
off... but why don't all of you, 'specially Frank, "I'm the guy who
designs the tests from Pasadena." all FUX off...

Which of the thousands of us who use this forum really give a ratz
arse what you (Frank) or you (Jeff) or you (Clarence) really think?

Inquiring minds want to know... and while we are at it... how far did
you actually expect to get up that ladder with posts to this news
group, anyway???

You will have observed that I DID NOT post a link to my web site in
this post....

"Frank" <la@pasadena.net> wrote:
>Can you find the antenna problem at the Homer Alaska Harbormasters office?
>http://www.pasadena.net/alaskawlan/

Hard to see, maybe the polarity of the feed versus the orientation of
the dish mesh?

--
William Smith

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:52:31 +0000 (UTC),
dold@CanXyouXfi.usenet.us.com wrote:

>Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us> wrote:
>> Yep, but I don't wanna give it away. However, I'll offer a clue.
>> There's something wrong with the lower dish antenna in the photo.

>That could be a matter of perspective. It looks like it is missing some
>paint.

Nope. Look again. Any more hints would be a give away.

# jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us

Michael Erskine <osiris@deltaville.net> wrote:
> Ya know... Jeff, and Clarence, and Frank, you guys sorta deserve each
> other.

I don't know Frank. I think I "invited" Jeff back to this group after a
long absence with a posting in another group.

I thought it was moderately humorous. "missing paint"... isn't that true?
The radiator being rotated 90 degrees won't paint the reflector correctly?

I figured it was going to be something like a bird nest in the dish, or a
cable hanging off, or one dish pointing at the other.

> I mean I know it is sorta blunt and tactless to tell you all to fux
> off... but why don't all of you, 'specially Frank, "I'm the guy who
> designs the tests from Pasadena." all FUX off...

Michael, Michael, Michael... calm down.
I didn't think it was a technical test. And besides, it may only appear
that the radiator is positioned incorrectly. Maybe there's a different
radiator mounted such that we can't see it.

> Which of the thousands of us who use this forum really give a ratz
> arse what you (Frank) or you (Jeff) or you (Clarence) really think?

Dunno. I thought it was humorous. Anybody who looked at the silly photos
and then read the rest of thread must have been interested.

> Inquiring minds want to know... and while we are at it... how far did
> you actually expect to get up that ladder with posts to this news
> group, anyway???

Ladder? I know Jeff is "in the bizz", but I'm not. You can tell by the
quality of reflectors that I build:
http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template/gallery/OneSoup.jpg

> You will have observed that I DID NOT post a link to my web site in
> this post....

I've posted your URL more than you've posted your URL.
Google this group for "dold" your site - 94 hits.
Google this group for "erskine" your site (by the new name) - 39 hits.
What's that got to do with it?

--
---

In article <e59f93b2.0407221959.3cc691f0@posting.google.com>,
Michael Erskine <osiris@deltaville.net> wrote:
:Which of the thousands of us who use this forum really give a ratz
:arse what you (Frank) or you (Jeff) or you (Clarence) really think?

I'm not familiar with Frank or Clarence, but I'm learning
a *lot* by reading what Jeff has to say.
--
Rump-Titty-Titty-Tum-TAH-Tee -- Fritz Lieber