robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
If you knew someone who worked up a sweat while gaming, and believed that objects were actually coming out of the computer screen, you might consider getting him professional help. Don't panic, though - he may have just been checking out some of the peculiar PC peripherals that TwitchGuru's Mark Raby has encountered in his recent travels. These range from FPS guns to virtual reality sets that might actually just work this time...

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
I'm wondering why they used just a single monitor on that contraption when they could have easily used 3 monitors to make surround view as well.

It does look pretty good though. I can imagine the chair having "force feedback" built in...

Upsetian

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2006
Does anyone know if the Trimersion HMD is worth it? I was looking at that visor from emagine but 800 is a bit too much.

Has anybody seen it?

Upsetian

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2006
So it's worth it? It has a crappy resolution (but the emagin 800 has 800x600, which isn't that good either.

Nah ... think I'll wait for 1600x1200. We didn't buy GPUs for nothing :)

Cy-Gor

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
build your own its much more satisfiying and much cheaper. not to mention its always gonna be EXACTLY what you want
DSCN0781.jpg

Cy-Gor

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
right now its just in front of my TV but i built it to hold a flat panel or small tube TV . i think i might change my set up and use my dell 2405 in it and just have it as an all in one. i built the thing with expansion in mind. plug in power to the wall and everything would be self contained. its a slow process though.

andopolis

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
I think I'd end up with whiplash.
it'd probably be good for ghost recon or something like that, but not for DM.

any idea where the movement controls are? surely you don't have to walk forward and backward? (I'm asuming there's something on the gun...)

it'd be nice if someone released a game for it where the view and the gun aim could be separated...

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
i think theres controls on the gun for forward and back, dont kno how you turn i think natuarlly you would try and walk forward, it would be hard not to hence, i think there should be a different way of doing so, like a treadmill :D