Software Install problem

Paul

Splendid

I bought an XP PC Thursday and i have a question. I was
installing a few games from my past PC to my new one and
on one i installed before it began installing it said a
NT Service Pack 3 or higher is recommended. Is there a
workaround? or where can i get such a thing? I thought XP
was not affiliated with NT. Please help.

Paul

That error message is from the game install, not from XP.
The installer doesn't recognize XP, since it was not
around at the time the game was developed.

If possible, go to the website of the game maker and see
if they have any patches for using xp.

If you can install the game, if its not working right,
you can right click on the icon, click properties, click
on "compatibility" tab, check the box
under "compatibility mode", then highlight "Windows NT
4.0 (service pack 5).

the creator was 7th level and Panasonic at pimcom.com was
the addresses located here. 7th level went out of
business a couple of years ago and as far as pimcom.com
goes their address no longer exists either. I have
several games and most of them are still compatible with
XP. mostly they just read off the CD drive so no install
is necessary anyway. So there is no way to install this
game? not even with a patch?

Paul

Hi,

WindowsXP is NT5.1, so yes it's affiliated.

Go start/all programs/accessories/program compatibility wizard and try using
this tool for installing and running the older software in compatibility
mode for an older oerating system.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/