Password being required at startup

When I 1st loaded XP-Pro the startup was not held up waiting for me to enter
a password, now it does and slows the whole startup till I hit enter to get
passed it. How to I get rid of the step?

--
Jim Corderman

Hi

If you want to logon onto to Windows without having to enter a password, try the following:

From Start>Run type in

control userpasswords2

then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log On' - delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out and then reboot your system.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User