Windows XP Home Ed. w/ Power Point?

deb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003

I am seriously looking at a laptop that comes with Windows
XP Home Edition preinstalled. Question - Does Powerpoint
program come on the Home Edition or do I need to upgrade
to XP Professional just for this capability? Thanks!
Deb

PowerPoint does not come with any version of Windows. PowerPoint comes with
Microsoft Office.

If you only need to view PowerPoint files (e.g. you don't need to create PP
presentations), Microsoft offers a free PowerPoint reader on their download
site.

steve

"Deb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am seriously looking at a laptop that comes with Windows
> XP Home Edition preinstalled. Question - Does Powerpoint
> program come on the Home Edition or do I need to upgrade
> to XP Professional just for this capability? Thanks!
> Deb

Greetings --

Neither WinXP Home nor WinXP Pro include PowerPoint.

Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any of its
individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows operating
system. They are, and always have been, separate applications, that
must be purchased and installed separately.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm