Sign in with
Your question

PSP game for the summer?

Last response: in Video Games
June 27, 2006 7:14:14 AM

I'm off on holidays in two weeks and I'm looking for a handheld game (PSP) that will get me through some potentially boring evenings.

Any suggestions? I prefer a recent title (released in 2006).

More about : psp game summer

June 30, 2006 2:32:08 PM

SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo is a fine game, both in single player mode or over the internet. I particularly like the voice chat in multi-player, especially after a kill!
July 3, 2006 7:43:27 AM

Thanks but I already got that one and I'm not too likely to pick up a multiplayer game where I'm going.

I actually got myself a NAMCOM classics pack which has some decent entertainment value for old sobs like me. Still looking for something to add to that though.
Related resources
July 7, 2006 4:18:46 PM

dont mean to be a suporter that screams how much he likes a game but wipeout pure on the psp is well worth the £20. its addictive. i forgot to buy a memory stick so i cant save any of my games but even so its fun just replaying the whole of wipeout just to wake up and do it again tommorrow
July 8, 2006 12:58:39 PM

Thanks for the attempt. I was lucky enough to borrow a copy of WipeOut pure from a friend before actually buying my own.

I was totally unimpressed with it, but I've heard many people talking about what a great game it is so it must be one of those taste things. It's just not my thing.
August 5, 2006 10:30:18 AM

well yeah like you said its all for its own thing. i know some people may think it quite sad but recently i have been a big fan of loco roco. after downloading the demo online at psp.com i went out and bought the whole game. i know it looks childish but it really is an addictive game
August 6, 2006 4:06:13 PM

I bought World series of Poker in a bargain bin, and I've been totally addicted since. Locoroco may be a good idea, I've played the demo and I liked it. I'll see where I can dig it up cheap.
September 8, 2006 7:31:44 AM

For those still up for a late holiday, I got Tiger Woods PGA '05 (I think? could be 06) a few weeks ago, (also in the bargain bin) and it's pretty good and fun to play.

I seem to buy almost all my PSP games in the bargain bin, as somehow I just don't want to pay the full monty for handheld games. With PC games I seem to have less of an issue with that although lately my interest in that has been slipping, while I'm spending more time on my PSP (doing a lot of travelling for the job).
!