PSP game for the summer?

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
I'm off on holidays in two weeks and I'm looking for a handheld game (PSP) that will get me through some potentially boring evenings.

Any suggestions? I prefer a recent title (released in 2006).

madmouse67

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo is a fine game, both in single player mode or over the internet. I particularly like the voice chat in multi-player, especially after a kill!

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
Thanks but I already got that one and I'm not too likely to pick up a multiplayer game where I'm going.

I actually got myself a NAMCOM classics pack which has some decent entertainment value for old sobs like me. Still looking for something to add to that though.

lacmanor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
dont mean to be a suporter that screams how much he likes a game but wipeout pure on the psp is well worth the £20. its addictive. i forgot to buy a memory stick so i cant save any of my games but even so its fun just replaying the whole of wipeout just to wake up and do it again tommorrow

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
Thanks for the attempt. I was lucky enough to borrow a copy of WipeOut pure from a friend before actually buying my own.

I was totally unimpressed with it, but I've heard many people talking about what a great game it is so it must be one of those taste things. It's just not my thing.

lacmanor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
well yeah like you said its all for its own thing. i know some people may think it quite sad but recently i have been a big fan of loco roco. after downloading the demo online at psp.com i went out and bought the whole game. i know it looks childish but it really is an addictive game

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
I bought World series of Poker in a bargain bin, and I've been totally addicted since. Locoroco may be a good idea, I've played the demo and I liked it. I'll see where I can dig it up cheap.

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
For those still up for a late holiday, I got Tiger Woods PGA '05 (I think? could be 06) a few weeks ago, (also in the bargain bin) and it's pretty good and fun to play.

I seem to buy almost all my PSP games in the bargain bin, as somehow I just don't want to pay the full monty for handheld games. With PC games I seem to have less of an issue with that although lately my interest in that has been slipping, while I'm spending more time on my PSP (doing a lot of travelling for the job).