Sign in with
Your question

Viewsonic GS790 or PF790???

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 2, 2001 2:32:17 PM

I need a 19 inch monitor, and I've narrowed it down to the Viewsonic GS790 or PF790. The PF790 is about $100 more expensive. Which one is better? Are the 2 horizontal lines on the PF790 annoying? Does the better image quality on the PF along with the 2 lines make the GS790 a better buy? Please Help!!!

All things must surely have to end...
Functor

More about : viewsonic gs790 pf790

February 2, 2001 3:20:06 PM

Of course the better image is worth the difference!

Another thing, what´s the dot pitch and the max resolution and refresh rate of the two?

Just don´t do like the other guy on the other post that wants to buy a Shitty Philips Monitor over a Sony!

"I´m Going Down!...Down!Down!Down!Down!Down!" - Joe Satriani in G3 Live
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
February 2, 2001 5:35:58 PM

functor,I know what your going through! I was looking for weeks trying to decide which monitor to buy. Finally decided on the PF790. Have had it for 1 week and I am VERY happy with it. Spend the extra money and get this one. Very clear text and vibrant colors when playing games! The 2 lines are no big deal. You only see them when screen is white and they are very faint any way. Flat screen and high refresh rates make this one the winner. Just my opinion. DSandman
Related resources
February 2, 2001 9:11:18 PM

You eventualy get used to it and won´t notice them unless you´re looking for them!

"I´m Going Down!...Down!Down!Down!Down!Down!" - Joe Satriani in G3 Live
February 7, 2001 12:29:16 AM

I went ahead and bought the PF790. It just came in today. I gpt pretty scared when I first saw it because the box was covered in this greasy oily stuff. The monitor was fine though (they're sending me a new box). Anyway...

This monitor ROX! The picture is so clear and crisp! I had a Compaq monitor before this and I thought that was good. This thing kicks it's ass! Thanks for the advice folks! I'm very pleased with my purchase!

All things must surely have to end...
Functor
February 7, 2001 8:08:48 AM

Yeah! Your´s Ok!

But Compaq ???
COMPAQ SUCKS! (In everything but the servers!)

Better burn in Hell with some company than freeze in Heaven all alone
February 8, 2001 8:41:50 AM

I have the Viewsonic PF790 too and I have to tell you that it is one good monitor. The only thing I have to say bad about it is that when you put the screen rez at 1600x1200 on mine the text is very very blurry. Does this happend to yours? I am running a voodoo 5 and I don't know what to do. I paid 515$ for this monitor and hope that I can clear up the text at that rez. If anyone can help or if your monitor is doing that let me know I am going to call Viewsonics tech support. Thanks all!

In the immortal word's of Bob Marley, "Let's get together and feel alllright..."
February 8, 2001 9:03:47 AM

That´s the refresh rate of your monitor!

What´s the Max. resolution it can handle?
At what refresh rate?

If you know the answer to these 2 questions you already know what your problem is!! :-)

February 8, 2001 9:58:04 AM

This monitor can run 1600x1200 at 90 hertz max. But the normal is 77. I know that it can run it fine but for some reason it is blurry. What is wierd is that I was in another store and they had it running at 1600x1200 fine. I don'tknow if it is a problem with my V5 or what but I am going to call tech support today to see what is up.

In the immortal word's of Bob Marley, "Let's get together and feel alllright..."
February 8, 2001 2:48:13 PM

What number of colors is your card using ?
What´s the refresh rate for that amount?

February 9, 2001 6:06:10 AM

It is 16 bit right now and it is blurry at 1600x1200. Real blurry

February 9, 2001 9:04:16 AM

What´s the max refresh rate that your card support at that resolution with that amount of colors?

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
February 13, 2001 9:43:56 AM

it's Voodoo 5 he said. It can deal out 1600x1200 at 90. Still doesn't mean it's not a video card and/or driver problem or the monitor.

***Hey I run Intel... but let's get real***
February 13, 2001 11:14:06 PM

Well, try to get the latest drivers for it and try again !
If that doesn´t work , well , i think yo´re on your own with
Viewsonic´s support line! Sorry! :-)

!