Logging into alternate domain, my boss is in africa and needs this!

jbourne84

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
So of course the boss waits until hes on the big business trip to africa to attempt to use AutoCAD on his new laptop.

When we got the laptop i installed autocad 2008 under XP Mode for him.

Then he gave it to the IT guy to set it up with the Office network which involved an entirely different domain and username to log in. So neither XP Mode or Autocad are there.

now he wants to use autocad, to log on he must use a username that directs him to the original domain but he CANT get it to work.

the username is:

BCERRBLPTP2010\FirstLast

Password:

PSWD

so as you type in that username the domain you are logging into changes(im pretty sure evenbefore he types in his login name)

does this login information look right for this login method? does anyone have any advice?

Since he is outside of your office, he will need to use a local account to logon. That should have been setup by your IT department. Have him try to change the username to "administrator" with no password, although that is not likely to work. You should contact your IT department and find out how he can logon using a local account.

I'm going by the fact that he can't loogn to the laptop at all, you did not say if that was the case, or if he is just trying to use a network resource that he can't get to.

jbourne84

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
sorry if this is confusing

This is a local account, but the login screen automatically directs the login information towards the new domain that was setup by our IT guy(who is busy today). So to log into this orginal account he setup the day he got the laptop, he has to type in this special Login name, which is the one i printed above. The very end of that name is that original username "FirstLast"

I have made this work before, for some reason he is having issues.

Really we are just trying to get him into XP mode under the original user account where autocad is

From what the user name is, he is trying to logon to his network account, which he obviously can't as the server he authenticates to is not reachable in Africa right now.

This logon prompt, is it to logon to Windows, or past that? Can he get to the desktop with the icons or not even that far?

To logon to Windows in his situation, he needs to be given a local account, meaning a user name without your domain in front of it. This should have been setup by your IT department. Since you seem to have support for the laptop through work, try checking with them.