Wrick

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
I bought AoE3 last year when it was first released, and the game worked fine on my old PC. Well, that PC crapped out on me, and I know have a much better rig to game with. I installed AoE3 a few months ago when I first got the new PC, but have yet to play it(I have been having way to much fun with all of the new FPS).

Monday I decided I wanted to play AoE3. I put in the disc and doubled clicked the short cut and... nothing. Then I selected AoE3 through the start menu and... nothing! I tried again, and again... nothing!

I found a thread on the games official forum, describing the exact same problem that I had. The ensemble tech did not know what the problem was and suggested speaking to MS "support".

This is what has been suggested to me and everyone esle in the AoE3 forum so far. "Clean reinstall, reboot, different adminstrator acount, disabled all antivirus, firewalls, returned the game and then reinstall, Reformat hard drive." I am sure there is more.

The problem seems to be with the CD/DVD drives not recognizing the disc when you wish to start the game.

This is another possible problem. " Age of Empires III uses SSI encryption technology and some CD-ROM drives may not be compatible with this technology."

Help us!

Wrick

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
This is not a prefrormance issue. There is a problem with the game disc not being recognized, or something to that effect.

I spent some time chatting with a microsoft tech today(MS Game Studios), and they could not figure out the problem either. It is being sent the support escalation team, in the hopes they can figure out the problem.

I am hoping there is someone out there that has already ahd this problem and fixed it.

customcomputer1

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
did you try uninstalling and reinstalling it, restarting your computer? Sometimes stuff just doesn't like to work and a quick reboot will fix it!

Wrick

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
Yep. I have tried all of the normal stuff and then some.

This is a very specific problem, that needs a very specific solution.