Windows Explorer crashes on startup

May 2, 2004 7:11:03 PM

I've upgraded from ME to XP Pro. When I start my computer in normal mode, Windows Explorer fails and crashes. I've downloaded about every relevant update I could find and the only way it loads is in safe mode. The Event logs state that the source is Application Error and the code is 1000.

Suggestions are GREATLY GREATLY appreciated.
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 7:27:01 PM

Recurve_5 wrote:
> I've upgraded from ME to XP Pro. When I start my computer in normal
> mode, Windows Explorer fails and crashes. I've downloaded about
> every relevant update I could find and the only way it loads is in
> safe mode. The Event logs state that the source is Application Error
> and the code is 1000.
>
> Suggestions are GREATLY GREATLY appreciated.

You only included a small part of the error details? In the Event Viewer,
click the Copy icon and paste the results back here in a reply.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.