ABit BD-7II Integrated Peripheral Question.

brucek

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
I'm trying again tonight to see if I can solve the issue that causes WinXP install to crash. To this end, I'm trying to eliminate everything possible in hardware that the setup can't load a driver for. I've disabled all sound, NIC and USB peripherals on the mobo, plus the ATA drivers and serial / parallel ports. I've tried a test install of Win98, to see what else remains that brings up those yellow question marks in DM.

There's one that I can't find to disable; "PCI System Management Bus". I assume this is on the mobo (only other hardware connected is a video card). Any ideas? ABit BD-7II board. I can't see anything like this to disable in the soft menu.

Thanks.

brucek

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
It appears in Win98 DM under "Other Devices" (that catch-all for everything unassigned to a hardware class). So, it appears to point to a hardware (PCI) controller. I'd like to be able to disable this if possible, however there is no such device referenced in the ABit soft menu (BD-7II, Award BIOS).

Thanks.

brucek

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
Thanks- I'm going to try some new memory in place of the existing stick. The power supply part is interesting, I must confirm if it meets the spec:

"Please Note: Switching Power Supply must meet ATX 2.03 specification with ATX12v and AUX Power connectors"

Thanks.

brucek

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
Thanks for your interest. Yes, I do have the smaller 4-pin connector also installed onto the motherboard. I've also had confirmed by m-wave tech support that the power unit in the case I purchased does match with the BD-7II requirements.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS