CS:Source - Two Computers on Same Network

Darkfire001

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
Hey Guys,

I'm attempting to streamline things so that two computers on my network can both play games, primarily CS:Source online without any hitches.

As the situation stands I have two seperate computers, with two seperate logins, and WindowsXP. They are connecting to one WGR314v4 Netgear router with the latest Firmware updates and UpNp enabled, I am not using any Portforwarding / Triggering rules as suggested by previous topics on this.

After enabling UpNP on both computers, both systems can connect to the same server almost problemfree. The issue is Steam temporarily alternates "blinding" each computer since it thinks that its a hack of sorts (in past you could spawn a second person and then I guess view the match). So I'm wondering if their are any other settings or applications I can try to hopefully make the two computers on the same IP perform better :|

Thanks.

papaJJ

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
we get the same problem. Only some servers blind you whan you die.
If you can find a way to change your IP address by 1 digit they wont recognize 2 systems

ArbY

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2004
Just to point out, that blind feature coupled with the message, "You have been temporarily blinded for ghosting on an IP address with another player" is not Valve-authored. It comes from a mod called "mani" and is one of the most annoying community-employed security features ... ever. What makes this predicament worse is that nearly 50% of the servers out there (I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than that) have that mani mod loaded.
I complained on another forum regarding your same issue and was either told to find another server, or ask the admins to disable the feature.
I've done both, and I have not encountered any admins that have been willing to disable that setting, much less acknowledge my frustration with a means to help.