ooops i need help with my a7v333

stevecon

Distinguished
May 23, 2002
hi i need some help maybe someone out there has had the same problem i was "tinkering" read the sig lol and when i restarted i got a "system fail cpu test" in my post i have an 1800 xp on the asus a7v333 board with 256 megs of 2700 ddr ram the pc won't post it just hangs but......
i thought i cooked the cpu so i took it apart and now i am back on my p111 800 i tryed the board and cpu in my other tower and it worked. i got into my bios so then... i took it apart and put it back in my new tower and i get the same message failed system cpu test it seemed if i wiggled it it posted but if i wiggled it anymore i lost it now it isn't doing anything i don't know if it is my board or my cpu can anyone give me any insight?

if it ain't broke..... it will be:)

akrycek

Distinguished
May 12, 2002
That is a very strange problem. I wouldn't recommend jiggling it very much. I don't know if this is it, but what type of power supplies do you have in the case that didn't work and the one that did? I wouldn't go below 300 watt. Maybe, you could switch the power supply out from the case that worked.

Krycek

stevecon

Distinguished
May 23, 2002
the tower it came out of is an amd xp - p-4 approved 350 watt power supply and the one i put it in and got it to work is a 300 watt power supply but now it doesn;t work in either towers i think i will take my chip down to the tech in town and test it in another board and see if it works
and maybe my ram too but i think it's my cpu i hope it is any way i like my board and haven't had it long enough to toss it yet :-(

if it ain't broke..... it will be:)