Hi,

I use WindowsXP Professional. I'm the only user on this PC and I would like
the computer to boot into WindowsXP without user intervention for username
or password? I don't need to be secure...

How do I do this?

K.J.B.

Hi

If you want to logon onto to Windows without having to enter a password, try the following:

From Start>Run type in

control userpasswords2

then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log On' - delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out and then reboot your system.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User