WHAT's BETTER FOR BECHMARKS ME or XP

metal143

Distinguished
May 14, 2002
I don't know now, when I first got Windows XP, Everything kept fu&in up.

I tested I think like 5 games. One was Ghost Recon.
when I ran it through XP holy shi# it was slow,
But for Windows ME it was really smooth.

Why is this, becasue XP is built on the NT engine,
Also sound is much better on ME, rather than XP

Like unless this has changed over the last half year, tell me some good news. Casue I do really want to install XP

Later

IF IT AIN'T BROKE...........DAM IT, MAKE IT FASTER!!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
New OSes always take a while to get better drivers. WinXP is a memory hog, but it usually gives better game performance than W2k.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

metal143

Distinguished
May 14, 2002
Hey Fatburger, How ya doing man.... still pissed with me.

Have you tried running 3DMARK 2001SE in both Windows ME and XP, I have 768Megs DDR, that should be enough i think, and how much memory does XP use more than ME

IF IT AIN'T BROKE...........DAM IT, MAKE IT FASTER!!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Well, you've stopped trolling at least.

WinME lasted for less than a week on my parent's Dell, and has never touched my computer.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

dhlucke

Polypheme
WinME is garbage! It lasted a week or two on my rig before I got sick of nothing working. It might work today with new drivers but with XP out I can't believe anyone would consider that virus.

<font color=red>I have a computer and it does weird stuff. please help.</font color=red>

dhlucke

Polypheme
How often does WinME crash? Dozens of times a week? Hundreds of times?

WinXP is stable. If you set it up and disable any unwanted services it's faster than the other OS's. You can get rid of the eyecandy. If you're having problems then start with only the basic components in your rig and add the rest later. Only memory and video to start...

<font color=red>I have a computer and it does weird stuff. please help.</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, 98SE is the best for speed, but it's reputation was harmed by two things-it can't recover from the same kind of errors that NT based OS's can, errors normally related to VIA chipsets, BTW. And it can't recover "memory leaks" caused by poorly written programs, such as ICQ.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?