Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

A friend has just reinstalled XP Pro onto my laptop for me after a few
problems, but now under all the desktop icons (i.e. my computer, documents
etc) the text is in coloured boxes rather than just on the desktop. We have
tried all the settings and can only seem to change the colour of the text
and boxes, but not get rid of the boxes.

Anyone any ideas please

Phil,

Windows XP: Icon Text not Transparent on Desktop - Windows-Help.NET:
http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/troub-04.htm

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell

"Phil" <phil@nospam.philmike.co.uk> wrote in message news:c76etd$rjh$1$830fa7b3@news.demon.co.uk...
A friend has just reinstalled XP Pro onto my laptop for me after a few
problems, but now under all the desktop icons (i.e. my computer, documents
etc) the text is in coloured boxes rather than just on the desktop. We have
tried all the settings and can only seem to change the colour of the text
and boxes, but not get rid of the boxes.

Anyone any ideas please

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

[...]