MMR: Prey Becomes a Predator, Take Two Becomes the Hunted

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
With its legal troubles growing like a giant metastasizing tumor, Take Two Interactive needs a hit game--and fast. Will Prey be the company's savior? The oft-delayed title will finally be released this month after more than a decade in development. But even if the buzz-worthy game becomes a blockbuster, Take Two's party may be coming to an end very soon.

Speak out in the TwitchGuru reader survey!

engrpiman

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
I played the demo.. I was thrilled Another good game using the DOOM 3 engine. I liked doom3 and quake 4 but I have to admit that I am loyal to Id software....

I thought that the game was so good that I bought the collectors edition ... the bastards make you buy it for a DVD copy...

I played the demo 1.5 times through and though that the gravity was great.. or at least the ways the you can change it .. then I spend another 3 hours figuring out the best way to work the gravity in the game .. I am a physics student ..

G

Am I the only one that realised that the graphics are shite?

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006

I know I realised something... You need glasses! :tongue:
It's the Doom 3 engine, and it looks AWESOME. It's a ~2 year engine and it still looks great. Carmack sure knows what he's doing. :trophy:

G

If you had given me this game 2 yrs ago I would have liked the graphics; it would have been very good looking back then. But now? No, no and again no. It does look nice but not as good as you claim.

G

Well then, enlighten me! Tell me which one is the most greatest, graphical game! Because, according to you, the Doom 3 engine sucks...

I didn't say the doom engine sucks; I said the game wasn't looking as great as everyone says...

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
I didn't say the doom engine sucks; I said the game wasn't looking as great as everyone says...

You said (and I quote again):

To me that means Doom 3 graphics sucks, or, in your words, "are shite".
Could Prey developers be mistaken? They took a ~2 years old engine and made a brand new game? OMG! Somebody tell them! :tongue:

ryokinshin

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
doom 3s gfx are great and dosnt take a lot of hardware to max out, jus cuz the new engines are coming out dosnt mean the old ones completly suck, the source and doom 3 eingines for example will be around for a while

yea well some ppl can nvr live with wat we hav now, dude dont post if ur gonna bs ok? great