Problems with playing DVD's

I have just built up a new computer which has a 3000+ athlon 64bit chip,
512Mb of RAM, a 120Gb SATA drive and a radeon 9600 Pro 256Mb graphics card
and a sony DVD ROM/CR writer. Problem is when watching DVD's using Power DVD
5 it sometime stutters and hesitates, i would have though this spec would be
able to quite happly play DVD's easily or is there something im missing?
looking at the system performance, the CPU load goes to 100% when the dvd
stutters but is on 15% when playing ok.

Thanks

On Tue, 4 May 2004 13:47:50 +0100, taylor2k3 wrote:

> I have just built up a new computer which has a 3000+ athlon 64bit chip,
> 512Mb of RAM, a 120Gb SATA drive and a radeon 9600 Pro 256Mb graphics card
> and a sony DVD ROM/CR writer. Problem is when watching DVD's using Power DVD
> 5 it sometime stutters and hesitates, i would have though this spec would be
> able to quite happly play DVD's easily or is there something im missing?
> looking at the system performance, the CPU load goes to 100% when the dvd
> stutters but is on 15% when playing ok.
>
> Thanks

Have you checked for updates to Power DVD? If you need further assistance
with this, you might want to ask in the windowsxp.video and/or
windowsxp.moviemaker newsgroups. While Power DVD is not a part of XP, the
program is discussed in those groups occasionally
..
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User