Blu-Ray DVD on the outiside looking in...

"Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message
> S.Lewis wrote:
>
>> ....temporarily? It looks like the borg is leaning towards HD-DVD
>> instead. A good list of reasons on Tom's Hardware for those wishing to
>> peek around the corner of consumer DVD:
>>
>> http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050927_190208.html
>
> Interesting, thanks for the link, Stew

Most welcome, sir. Though I currently have few pressing needs for media
that will store some 18 to 25gb of data, I'm sure someone will call me down
the road who will.

This will also affect areas of home entertainment as well as some gaming
consoles. (Other areas about which I have little or no depth of knowledge.)

The number of new technologies out there and the speed at which they're
arriving to market is, to me, staggering. Hell, I only (in the last year)
bought my first dual-layer DVD burner for my personal system(s).

I'm sure, however, that the video nuts out there will love removeable media
with such storage capacity.

Stew