frankenwookie

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
I have been playing doom for a bit now, but recently it has been freezing up and crashing quite often. It will bring up what looks like a console screen that says something to affect of game crash due to missing frames. It sounds like it was not loading from the ram maybe?

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Legit or pirated?

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled?(edit: while finding and backing up your save games) Updated your drivers? Have your got overclocked hardware that may be overheating from the strain?

frankenwookie

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
No it's legit and I have the expansion also which I thought updated it to V.1.3.
My video card is overclocked with the Catalyst ati-tool, but the temperature has never risen about 65-70 degrees celsius. Maybe I'll try putting it back to it's original settings. I know that I meet the minimum and maximum requirements to run doom at high, minus the 512mb of video ram it asked for to run Ultra. Heres my rig:
A8N32-SLI
AMD 3500+ 2.2gb
ATI X1800GTO 256mg
WD 250gb HDD
2gb Adata Vitesta ram
Artic cooler 64 CPU fan
BenQ DVD combo drive
I had this up and running on my crappy old emachine, which barely met the specs. I was running an aabit x600 video card, 512mb ram and a AMD3200+ S754 processor.

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game as well once you save your save games. Possibly your initial installation has or was corrupted and your getting to a part of the game where your missing stuff and it's causing a crash. Of course that's just me guessing but the first thing I do when I come across a game that starts acting up is to reinstall.

frankenwookie

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
I was able to figure out the problem. The new catalyst drivers v6.6 were not agreeing with doom3. I unistalled them all together reinstalled the old drivers that came with the video card everything is great now. Thanks.
p.s. I also reinstalled doom and it's expansion.